Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm a new woman!

I have a new car! It is a "pimped out" (Brandon's phrase) minivan!! I haven't even driven it yet, but I'm looking forward to taking it for a spin when Teddy wakes up and it's time to take Emma to school. Watch out preschool car line, here I come! I'm a little nervous about driving such a big car, so let's hope I don't hit anything. If you live in Reston, VA, be warned: I'm on the loose! I'll try to post a picture of my new wheels soon.

We're all feeling much better over here. What a relief! I'm trying to get semi-organized in my own way. It doesn't look very organized, but my mind does feel a little clearer as a result. I'm headed out to do grocery shopping for the week after I drop Emma off at school. I did a little menu planning this morning and that makes me feel super prepared and even a little excited to cook dinner. I have to plan things out in advance or we end up eating scrambled eggs and mini quiches for dinner all week. Here's my plan:

Easy Lobster Paella (minus the lobster--I'm not that pimpin'. We'll probably do shrimp & sausage or something instead of the lobster)

Shepherd's Pie (thank you, Gwen, for the suggestion!)

Shrimp w/white beans over couscous
(so easy and so yummy)

Corned Beef with carrots & potatoes

Reuben Sandwiches (way to use up leftover corned beef)


Here's a new projeck the kids and I are working on:




In an effort to move February along a little bit, and look forward to spring, we're planting seeds and watching them grow. Emma is taking notes and drawing pictures of how the seeds grow. It's only been a few days, but we already have some cute little sprouts! Spring is right around the corner...



That's it for now.... time to go cruising in the new "mommy car" as Charlie calls it. Happy Monday to all!

3 comments:

mdm said...

There's an Oak Ridge Boys song titled, "Hard to Be Cool (in a Minivan)" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tt1cg1h_I

I'm betting you you prove them wrong, even in an opposite-sex way.

Jessica Monte said...

Congrats on the new car. I want to start seeding too, so maybe I'll make it a mommy and me project. It was great "running into" you yesterday; I am sorry that I was terribly distracted. So much activity at the B&N! I hope we'll get to bump into each other soon.

Grace said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! New car alright!