Saturday, October 31, 2009

I did it!

I signed up for National Novel Writing Month! Eeek! 50,000 words in one month. More words than I have ever written on any single project before in my life. Eeek! I'm going to be a busy girl this month so the dishes may not get done in a timely manner, the laundry put away or the kids perfectly coiffed. Oh wait, that's how it normally is around here. This month I will have a good excuse!

I will probably be MIA for the month of November, but I'll try to at least update you on my progress.

Looks like those homemade Christmas presents I was hoping to make will have to wait until next year. I can hear my many family members breathing sighs of relief all the way in Virginia. Next year you guys are totally getting crocheted wallets or something equally awesome and homemade. This year, it isn't going to happen.

Is anyone else planning on writing a novel this month? If so, "friend" me on the nanowrimo website. My user name is "elizabethmc."

Have a great November!
Love,
Elizabeth

4 comments:

Christiana said...

I hope it goes well for you! I thought about doing that but realized I have so much company coming in November that there was no way I could commit to it. It sounds very inspiring though! I look forward to hearing how it goes for you.

Robin said...

You go, girl! I'm going to try to write two articles in November. Which, sadly, I'm not even sure I can do. I have much more faith it you. Here's crossing my fingers for both of us.

RAK

Grace said...

That's so awsome! Wow. 50,000 words? That seems so impossible!

Julie said...

Hi, Elizabeth-

This is kind of awkward, but I am a friend of Raegan Bradley Brown and my sister goes to Sunset Ridge. Somehow I ended up with a link to your blog and added it to my Google Reader list. I almost emailed you awhile back when you cited to Teen Witch, but decided against it. Anyway, you may have already seen this article, but thought you might find it interesting. Hope you are well and best of luck with your November project-

Julie Stringer Ouchley

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703740004574513463106012106.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703740004574513463106012106.html