Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just like a real blog

I think I'm going to be like a real blogger today and link to things that I like...

Here's the first one...my father-in-law has just started his own fabulous and creative blog called haiku2u2. He has promised to write a new haiku everyday for the next year! Be sure and check it out and give him lots of comments--even better if your comments are in haiku form, please.

Here's another website I stumbled across that I thought was great... www.modernmom.com. Maybe I'm like the last person (mom person) on the planet to know about this? I don't know. But it basically sums up all the things I, a modern mom, want/need to know about. Are pretzels a healthy snack? Do I need to wear bronzer and blush? Is that lady from Scrubs pregnant? And the mommywood page on the site now makes it unnecessary for me to buy US magazine anymore. Well, maybe I won't go that far, but it did confirm that the Nicole Kidman pregnancy rumors are true and that Brittney is in fact totally crazy. I may still need more in-depth US coverage on those stories, but I can wait until my next major grocery shopping trip to find out more (somehow I don't feel as guilty buying US magazine if I'm already spending more than, say, $120 at the grocery store. It's this kind of spending logic that I know just kills my husband.)

Here's another website I like to check out while my kids are torturing chickens on the balcony (see yesterday's blog for more on that)...http://www.literarymama.com It's chock-full of personal essays, book reviews, and literary stuff of the mama persuasion.

Just a click away from literarymama.com is www.babble.com. The article Game Over: I hate playing with my kids caught my eye and the rest of the column lived up to the great title. Lots of fun stuff to explore on this site. It almost makes you feel sort of hip for having kids (almost).

And lastly, I always make time to check out Catherine Newman's blog. She is such a hero of mine. I'm still trying to muster up enough courage to comment on her blog. I actually get butterflies just thinking about it. Anyway, she writes about being a mom to two kids and she does a way better job of it than I do (both the mom part and the writing part). You should read her stuff. You won't be disappointed.

I know there's more stuff, but it will have to wait until another day. This mama is tired.

No comments: