Sunday, November 4, 2007

Fall Back

Lately I have been thinking about how I need to make more time in my day for me stuff like exercise, writing, reading, etc. The only solution I have been able to come up with is to get up earlier in the morning (before the kids) to have a little time to myself before they wake up. This morning I was the first one up and I realized that it was really 6:30 thanks to my new best friend, Daylights Savings Time. Ooops...I mean, Daylight Saving Time. I have never been very good at math, but doesn't this mean I get my "extra" hour now?

Well, apparently no one told Emma that it was really 6:30. She just came downstairs with her new best friend "Bunny Fafalle." (I have no idea how she came up with that one.) So, it looks like now I'm going to have to start getting up at 5:30 instead of 6:30 in order to get some of my stuff done. How do you carve out time for yourself? Do you wake up at 3:30 a.m.? Hire a babysitter? I need some advice because my novel isn't writing itself and my abs think they are on permanent vacation. How do you accomplish your personal goals? As I write this, Emma is about 2 inches from my face singing the months of the year song. I need some me time, people. Help!

No comments: